Creating your bespoke system
Xero for us is just the start. Xero is a great accounting system, and the first piece of the jigsaw. It integrates with 1000's of add-ons that enable your business to create a fully bespoke system tailor made for your business. Getting the right systems in place is fundamental to running an efficient and profitable business.
You can find a system to meet most business needs in the Xero marketplace , and we can help set up the integration.
Some of our favourites are:
- Manage your workflow from quote through to invoice while tracking time and costs with WorkFlowMax. If you are a service business and you track time - or even bill based on time - then WorkflowMax is for you.
- For a job management & timesheet system for a cleaning / gardening type business - we love GeoOp. It is complete job management all wrapped into a low cost, easy to use service with premium support. It's wherever you and your team are and can be used on any device.
- If you need a client onboarding system, we can't recommend Practice Ignition highly enough. Streamline and automate your client proposals and contracts. Practice Ignition turns your proposal, terms of service and payment collection into a single smart contract. It's fast, efficient and your clients will love it!
- For easy cashflow forecasting we love Fluidly, and it also has intelligent invoice chasing functionality too. For forecasting up to 3 months - we can offer our clients Fluidly for free. This one minute video or this 18 minute webinar which will tell you more about using Fluidly.
- For tradie businesses, to track jobs from quote to invoice and everything in between...check out Tradify.
- To take card payments - SumUp is great. It works in Guernsey (unlike many others!), accepts all cards and works with your phone. A small one off cost at first (cheaper with this link) and then no fixed fees - just 1.69% per transaction. Payments get paid straight into your bank account.
- And last but not least - we love the challenger banks, but sadly not all operate in Guernsey.
- Transferwise does operate in Guernsey - for personal and business banking (including Guernsey Limited companies). Consider adding as a second bank account for your business so you can automate more and potentially reduce risk (e.g. if you currently have to manually input a payment, importing can reduce the risk)
- We also like Starling bank, who open personal accounts for Guernsey too (including for sole traders, but not for Guernsey Limited companies).